Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Fall Wreath

I absolutely love fall decoraing. Now I am not a big Halloween decorator, but that's because I'm lazy and you can't leave those decorations out as long as fall ones. But I do love fall decorating. I love all the different shades of oranges, yellows, and reds. Now Joanns Fabrics do carry some beautiful decorations but their wreaths always seem to be so expensive, even with a coupon. So for the past couple of years I have been designing my own. Here is one I did for my boss's wife who recently had surgery.



This is just a little fall wreath that she can hang frm her front door. Now similar wreaths like this are currently on sale for 50% off at Joanns ranging in price from $19.99 to $29.99 for this size. I was able to do this wreath for a whopping $5.85, give or take a few pennies.

How you may ask? Well the bare wreath was regular price $2.99. I was able to use my 40% off coupon which brought the price to $1.79. The flowers and beads were on sale for 50% off and they were $1.99 each. As you can see I used 4 which came to $3.98. Now the ribbon was from my stash. It is actually 2 different ribbons. The gold ribbon had a clearance tag of $.50 and the orange ribbon had a clearance tag of $.30. I guesstimate that I probably used about $.05 of the yellow and $.03 of the orange. Have you been doing the math? Well my husband loved this kind of math. You know the kind, the cheap kind.

Well I bought plenty of supplies. So yes, you've guessed it...I will be doing a few more of these this weekend.

Have a great weekend. I have a busy one ahead of me.

No comments: