Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WHEW!!!!!!.......

Imagine yourself high above everyone else on a roller coaster...it looks like you can touch the clouds...you hear the faint wind in your ears...you're shaking...you close your eyes, and WHISHHHHHH...you go full speed ahead...down...faster...down...faster...down...you can't take anymore...faster...down...faster...down...and...it seems like there is no relief in site!

Now you have a slight picture of my summer. It has been one long roller coaster ride with no breaks. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but boy would I love just a few days of sitting around doing absolutely nothing. I started doing classes this summer, which have been totally fun. I love thinking of the projects and I especially love that they really enjoy what they are making and learning. I have finished a few monthly swaps this summer, I went back to school to get my degree, and even though I am not going to the Stampin' Up convention I did sign up for a scrapbook swap so I have been working on that. My SU upline hosted a "Conventional" that I attended. Oh my gosh, what a wonderful event! It was so informative and the projects we did were amazing. I will posting these pictures int he next couple of days. Actually I will doing a lot of postings since I have so much to share...finally!!!

Bare with me...I'll be blogging on a regular basis real soon.

Now let's get to some fun stuff:

A couple of weeks ago I was asked to do some kind of container that would hold a baby shower gift and they also wanted a matching card. When I came across this cute template from Papertrey Ink I knew I had to try it. Here is my creation:


I was so happy with the results. My customer only had one requirement, she wanted me to use the picture of the little girl somewhere because this was going to be a mural in the new baby's nursery. I was able to capture the mural on the picnic basket and the card. I don't know if you can tell but I left the bottom part of the picture loose so she could lift it up and write her message inside the card. She was so grateful and mentioned how her gift was talk of the baby shower.


Supplies:

Cardstock: SU Kraft, Certainly Celery, & Very Vanilla

Accessories: Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Flower(unknown)



No comments: