Friday, October 16, 2009

Paper Jewelry

Recently I came across a wonderful crafter and blogger, Amy Celona. And while I was visiting her past posts, I saw where she made the most beautiful pins using guess what? PAPER!!! Now I knew I just had to try my hands at this. So what do you think?



Amy provides a wonderful video on exactly how to put together these cute, handmade, one-of-a-kind gifts that would be perfect for the upcoming gift-giving holiday. Now this is not something you can do in just a day. From the pictures you can see that my flower is actually three layers. I wish I would have done a smaller 4th layer for the very top, like Amy did, but I was being impatient at the time.
Now each layer you see is actually 3 layers of cardstock modge podged together. And after the modge podge dried I covered each layer in SU's crystal effects. Believe me when I say that this was not hard to do. The hardest part was waiting for it to dry in between steps. I actually started this on Sunday afternoon and let the modge podge dry overnight. On Monday night I covered it in the crystal effects and let that dry overnight. Before I went to work on Tuesday I checked on it and noticed it still was not completely dry and that's when I took a little of the dazzling diamonds from SU and sprinkled it on each layer. That's the hint of sparkly you see. I put a dew drop on the very top because it just seemed like it was missing something. That's where my regret came in at not doing that 4th little layer to top it all off.
I will definitely be doing more of these. My plans are to work on another one of these this weekend but using one of SU's newest products. I think they are going to come out pretty cute. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

Latoya it is lovely well done xxx

lynnette xxxx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey LaToya - I hope all is well with you and your family. It's been a while, but hopefully I can get caught up with you soon. This is beautiful and love the color.

Have a great afternoon.

Janet