Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Countdown

Well it's December 23rd and the countdown to my last minute shopping has begun. I only have 2 gifts left; one for Kaira, my 10 year old neice and the other for Kennedy, my 5 year old neice. So I'll probably be with the rest of the nuts out on my lunch hour tomorrow fighting the crowds.

But I wanted to share 2 cards I did over the weekend:
This card is for a monthly card kit swap that I do over on SCS. If you have never participated in a card kit swap it really is a lot of fun. This particular swap is monthyl with 4 participants. Each month ine person gets to be the hostess. As hostess you send the other 3 participants enough materials(minus card base) to create 4 cards (one to keep for themselves). Then you mail your cards to each participant. It's really neat to see how different people come up with different cards using the same materials.





And this card was just a fun card to do. I had a scrap piece of SU's Ski Slope DSP and went from there. I actually used two different stamp sets to do the sentiment. The pretty curly design is from SU's "Friendship Blooms" and the sentiment is from "Best Yet". The cardstock is Old Olive and Real Red.
I hope to have one more post for you tomorrow, because of course I am a last-minute type of person and I have a few gift certificate holders to do tonight and maybe even a wine-bottle topper. I guess you have to tune in tomorrow to see what I come up with.

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow awesome coloring...nice work! My name is Teresa aka va.sunhine..I am in blogger group #7...it is nice to meet you....Merry Christmas! *~*

Leigh said...

I love this card using the Ski Slope dsp. Wonder whether we'll get this in Australia.