Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Present

Well I have to admit, on this blog only, that my husband actually does listen to me. Now that's are little secret. Don't you dare tell him I said that or I'll deny it. But I was pleasantly shocked when I opened one of my presents and found this...

It's a Singer Craft Sewing Machine. So now I can do those neat stitches that you see on all the cards now. It allows you to do 8 or 9 different types of stitching. I've tried it out a cuple of times on scrap paper and it looks so cute. Except for the crookedness. I have to get use to it. Of course I will post my first project.


Oh...and another one of my great gifts was a Kodak Easyshare digital camera. I have a lot to learn, I'm sure my pictures should be coming out a little clearer.

12 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

Yeah!! You got SPOILED!! Love the color of your machine!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi LaToys, Can't wait to see what you do with that sewing machine! Happy New Year! Julie

Kitty G said...

Oh my gosh I so want one but I know DH will say you don't use the machines you have - NO WAY!

Happy New Year

Jean McKenzie said...

That is just the cutest prettiest little machine. You are set for hours of fun with it and I look forward to seeing your creations!

Leigh said...

Wow, looks very flashy. Enjoy.
Happy New Year.

Karen said...

ohhhhhhh now isnt that the cutest darn thing! lol

I must bring my little machine out and do some more stitching on cards - it just adds something special to them doesn't it?!

Karen
xo

Teresa Kline said...

Happy New Year...all the best in 2009....I want a sewing machine, can't wait to see what you create! *~*

Unknown said...

ooh - good husband....good husband!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

LaToya - I'm so happy you got a sewing machine and can't wait to see what you create from it. I, like you, have a husband who listens (well, at least sometimes). I was talking one day about the cricut machine and three weeks later, we were going through Wal-Mart and Jim took the buggy straight to it and said "put it in the buggy". I was like a girl in a candy shop, as I'm sure you were. Enjoy the new machine and pass on some sewing tips.

Anonymous said...

I am truly very happy for you! Such wonderful gifts. Happy New Year!

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness what a great Christmas gift!! Do you know how to sew or will it be just for cards?

Anonymous said...

I always wondered how people did the stitching on cards. This looks like a more reasonable form factor than the big "real" sewing machines. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with it and your thoughts on how it works when you use it more. :)