Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Card

Whew...these past 2 weeks have been really busy. When I got a chance to really sit in my craft room this past weekend I couldn't believe how much I missed it. This past Friday was my oldest son's birthday. Alex turned 11 years old and by Saturday afternoon I was ready to kill him. Believe me when I say "I am not ready to have a pre-teen in my household". But here is the card he received along with his PSP games. I knew I could be real simple and he wouldn't really care about a lot of layers or wording. One of the advantages of having boys.






Stamp Set: Just Basketball

CS: Rose Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White

Embellishments: Antique Brass Brads

Other: CB Embossing Folder-Dots

6 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

great card! I have a 10 yr old (almost 11) and feel your pain!!

Rose said...

Boys are really fun! They outgrow it eventually! Awesome card!

Rose

Anonymous said...

I have girls...but, I can totally sympathize with the age thing. Tell him Happy Belated Birthday!

Scrapping Julie said...

perfect preteen card!!!

Unknown said...

I understand about not wanting to go through the motions of a teen. I have one myself and it's no piece of cake. Love the card.

Leigh said...

Good card for a boy LaToya.