Monday, February 9, 2009

A Tribute to Brandy

I know this has nothing to do with card-making, stamping, or anything else related to crafting, but I just had to do a little salute to our dog Brandy.
***
We had a slight scare in our household last week. Our precious little doggie, Brandy, woke up one morning not feeling well and looking quite horrible. Now of course me and my husband thought the worse because she is a 12 y/o olde english bulldog which usually has a lifespan between 11 and 13 years. So we were a little prepared to accept the fact that we might have to put her down. So we took her to the vet for a full work-up. She spent the night at the vet and we got the call the next morning that there was no cancer or life-threatening illnesses. But she did have a herniated slipped disc in her neck and an underactive thyroid. Can you believe it? A dog with human ailements. Well she was "discharged" after a 32 hours stay in the "hospital" and we were told the herniated disc will heal in time, she will need to take medication for the rest of her life for the thyroid, and nonetheless she is old and showing every sign of it.

So we were spared, for now. But I can't imagine when that day comes what it will be like. My youngest son, Nicky cried most of the evening that Brandy was away and Alex just kept asking a bunch of questions. We got Brandy a couple of months before Alex was born, so there hasn't been a time they have lived without her.

So here's to you Brandy...











13 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwww what a darling dog!! Glad she is ok!!
hugs

{Sarah Coyle} said...

I am glad all is well! what a beautiful dog!

Anonymous said...

Latoya...thank you for sharing this with us. Dogs are really our best friends! I am sending you the check tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Latoya, I love when people share what's really going on in their lives. She's adorable and it's obvious how much she is loved by your family.

Laura VanVleet said...

What a beautiful dog! Glad she is okay~cherish every moment with her!

Scrapping Julie said...

oh LaToya, I pray for her comfort. glad she is okay. she looks like an angel!

Rose said...

I am with you LaToya! I have a 13 year old Golden Retriever. I feel blessed with everyday we have with him. He is still healthy and lively, loves summer and tennis ball play. So glad Brandy is O.K! Take care!

Rose

Nancy B said...

Awww.... Your puppy is so adorable!

Hey I see you're living in Illinois too.

And I'm a Demo also, for The Angel Company aka TAC.

So we have somethings in common.

Teresa Kline said...

aaawwww, I am sooo gald to hear she is ok, we had to put our oldest Boxer down a 1 1/2 ago, but it is still makes my heart stop when I think of losing her....we still have our baby Jesse. tfs your story about her! hugs *~*

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

LaToya - glad to hear Brandy is doing better (she is adorable) - I'll be praying that she continues to do so. TFS !!

Leigh said...

So pleased to hear that Brandy is fine. Great pics too.
Thank you for my blog award. I've got it displayed.

Kitty G said...

LaToya - stamping or not Brandy is family and should be talked about. I know how you feel about the 4 legged family members. Our oldest turns 10 this year and I don't know what I would so without my Chug (Chihuahua/pug)

Unknown said...

we just love our adorable pooches and it can hurt so much when they are suffering and we do not know how to help them. glad to hear your Brandy is going to feel better soon.