Monday, April 13, 2009

Swaps! Swaps! Swaps!

Well here I go again. I just can't stop signing up for swaps on SCS. I tell you, it's an addiction.
First, I signed up for a "kids" card kit swap. I thought it would be a great idea since my neices are always looking to make cards when they come over. A couple of weeks ago I made a nice little bin full of "clearance" items I have been buying just for this purpose. This way they are not using all my good stuff. Well this swap requires you to put together kid-friendly card kits that have everything for them to make a card with; a card base, 2 6x6 sheets of dsp, a foot of ribbon, and some embellishments. I took two spots in this swap so I can get plenty of kits back for my neices.
Now the other swap I joined if for card kits as well, but with a coffee/tea theme. I pretty much signed up for this one to give me an excuse to buy a new stamp set.-LOL Any suggestions-what is your favorite coffe/tea set? I'll be making my purchase sometime next week.
And the other swap I signed up for is a Secret Sister swap. And this one is for the month of July. I have never participated in one like this before, but you send your SS a package of 31 small gifts and they open one package a day for the month. It sounds like a lot but you are only required to spend $30. I have so many ideas and plenty of items already in my craft room that I can give as gifts. I even have an extra SU stamp that I have never used. And that has 5 stamps in it so that can cover 5 days of the month-I'll wrap each stamp separately. Get it?
Go check out SCS and join a swap. I have met some really nice ladies joining swaps and we seem to keep following each other from one swap to the next.

4 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

you are a busy beaver! sounds like fun!!

buy more stamps!

Chrissy said...

PTI has a cute tea set coming out tomorrow the 15th!

there is also one here ... http://www.renaissancebydesign.com/stamps.html

Anonymous said...

LaToya, You are too funny with all the swaps. Hope you share some of your creations with us!!

Scrapping Julie said...

whew....busy little bee. have fun!!