Monday, June 8, 2009

Let's Get Some Posting Done!!!

I have really been secluded in my craft room this past week or so. I am in the process of getting ready for my first set of classes. I have my very first techniques class this Friday and in 2 weeks I'll be doing another card class. I am pretty excited about this too. Don't know exactly how many people to expect yet, but it should be fun, even if only 1 person shows up-and that's because I'm just a fun person to be around-LOL.

Well before I post some creations I have been working on, I wanted to give a big cyber hug and congratulations to my youngest niece Kennedy...

She graduated from Kindergarten and she is super excited about starting 1st grade. I just hope she can go and they won't send her back to Kindergarten. Since her birthday is September 23rd, Illinois has the dumb September 1st deadline rule. You must be 5 by 9/1 to start Kindergarten and 6 by 9/1 to start 1st grade. Well Kennedy went to a private school for Kindergarten (they are not so strict) because my sister knew she was ready. We're hoping she can convince the public school to take her for 1st grade. She is just to smart and intelligent to be held back.

And of my 3 nieces I can always count on her to give me some love. Her 2 older sisters are "divas-in-training" and I can't get them to do anything.

Now back to some crafting...I did a few thank-you cards for some teacher aides who were leaving this year because of budget cuts. They were great ladies and the kids loved them. This is the only one where the picture came out half way decent. Boy do I need a better system of taking pictures.


I used this template located on SCS to create the card. And as you can see I used it as a gift card holder. I used SU's so saffron, chocolate chip, and whisper white cardstock. I participated in a card candy swap a few months ago so that is the flower that I used in the center.
I'm putting together more posts...so stay tuned.

No comments: