Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Girly Girl Card...

Hi Everyone,

I hope most of you are in warmer conditions. It is currently -9 degrees in my part of Illinois. No school for the kiddies and a "I'm going in late today" for me. Who can be on time for work in this type of weather?

Well on to my card for today. I have to say that I absolutely loooovvvved coloring this image last night. First I have to give a big thank you to "craftycrunchymama" (Susan) over on SCS for sending me these Sugar Nellie images of "Daisy". She is so adorably cute. I am going to have to purchase this stamp. That is, when it comes off of backorder. Well here she goes... Isn't she the cutest? I think I fell in love with this image because I don't have any girls of my own, and she just looks like what a little girl of mine would look like. Well enough of the mushy stuff, because this image is as close to a little girl I will get. Not counting my 3 neices.

And I am so proud to say that I used my SU markers to color her in. Get to know me and you will know that I-should I say it?-o.k. here it goes..."I hate SU markers!" I know, I know, how dare an SU demo say such a horrible thing. Shame on me. But I always get an ugly picture using them. Maybe the old saying practice makes perfect holds true for SU markers also. Because I do like the way she turned out. However, I did use a black prismacolor pencil to color her hair in.

Well I guess I should get to work, I did just get here only about 30 minutes ago. Have a warm day!!!

Oh, here is the inside of the card. I don't always decorate the inside but since I used such a simple sentiment on the front I thought I would make room for someone to write a personal message.


Stamp Set: It's All Good
CS: SU Real Red, SU Whisper White, DSP-Summer Picnic

16 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

wow this is great...Love that stamp!

Rose said...

Really cute card LaToya! I like those Sweet Nellie stamps. They are interesting to me. I had 2 boys as well and now really enjoy my granddaughters!

Rose

Teresa said...

Great card latoya!

And I awarded you the Lovely blog award. go to my blog to collect it and pass it on.

Leigh said...

Yes, it's definitely warmer than that where I am La Toya.
I love the layout of this card and that paper is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

darling card!

Scrapping Julie said...

OH! she is absolutely adorable

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Latoya - this is so beautiful. You did an awesome job on the coloring. I haven't use SU markers and have just started using copic markers and have found out that practice is a most definitely the key. TFS

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, I think your coloring is fabulous...she turned out so sweet! *~*

Jean McKenzie said...

I love everything about this card - the colouring, the layout etc. Beautiful.
It is soooo warm here - about 96 F now! I have the air conditioning running!!

Felicia said...

Cute card Latoya. The coloring is fantastic.

sarahw said...

LaToya, your card came out wonderful. When I first saw it (before I read on) I was wondering if you colored her with Copics. I am not a big fan of SU markers either, it always looks messy to me. You did an amazing job. I get the girl thing, I have 2 little guys too, big sigh. :)

Anonymous said...

LaToya, this is an amazing card! It really is a piece of art. I know what you mean about SU markers. I love my markers, but I use them mostly for multi-coloring a stamp, not coloring in images. They always seem to saturated for me. You did a great job with them on this card though!

Anonymous said...

Susan is such a sweetie! And your card is adorable!

Kitty G said...

I love this card - the little girl is so sweet and you did a wonderful job on the coloring

Becky said...

What a sweet card! I just found your blog and im definitely gonna book mark your site.

Maria said...

She is beautiful, I really love this card. I especially like the finished inside, that is something that I ofter leave off. But often regret.