Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monthly Swap Card

I finally took a break from the "driving me crazy" blog and finished both January cards for the SCS monthly swap groups I am in. I believe I mentioned before that I am participating in three 6-month swaps where there are 6 participants and each person is the hostess for one of the months. The hostess sends out a card kit to each participant with enough materials to make 6 cards. You then send out a card to the other 5 participants. It's nice to see how different everyone uses the same materials. Sorry I am unable to give you specific info on the DSP because it comes from someone else.

This card was made using SU- Rose Red CS, SU-Vintage Brads, SU-Silver Chunky Glitter, SU-So Swirly Jumbo Wheel used with Versamark

Now I really liked the DSP that was sent for this card. This is one of my favorite color combos. I attempted to do a funky fold/opening with this one. Plus it is not a standard size card. I used SU- Pink Pirouette CS and some brown eyelets. The ribbon was supplied by the hostess also.

I'm so glad to be off the blog designing frenzy. I feel so freeeeeee!!!! Hope you enjoyed these two cards. Talk to you soon...


4 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

Oh great cards!! Love the glitter on the first one!! and the pop of blue on the 2nd is great!!

Jean McKenzie said...

LaToya, I like your cards especially the second one - the colours are so nice!

Anonymous said...

These cards are precious...love the new look of your blog.

Leigh said...

I thought I had commented on these cards, sorry. Love the colours in the second one. Lovely.