Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Note Card Set




















Hello out there,
*
I wanted to share with you a very cute idea. In my SU group we received a beautiful notecard set for Christmas. As you can see this beautiful set consists of 20 notecards, which are just SU Very Vanilla CS cut in fours and stamp at the bottom corner. The notecards are wrapped together with a vellum band and embellished using the punches. Now what I think really sets this gift apart is how they decorated the holder. Which I am told was just an acrylic photo frame without the cardboard back. How stinkin' clever is that? And then it was decorated with double-sided DSP. Now I've been looking for these frames or something comparable and have had no luck. The one place I have not checked yet is Hobby Lobby.
*
Now I was thinking, wouldn't this be a great way to raise money for my walk? I would offer the notecards and the money raised would go directly to the March for Babies. I have decided to include a small note explaining the walk and why we are doing it. Now here is where I need your help...
  • ...should I package them in just the clear envelopes?(cost would be cheaper)
  • ...how many should I offer in a package?
  • ...how much should I charge?
Help me out ladies, I need all your great ideas!!!

7 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

how super cute and easy!!

do you buy your envelopes in bulk somewhere?

Scrapping Julie said...

this is so super cute. wonderful idea. i think they would sell pretty well for your walk

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

LaToya, this is a such a fabulous idea!! I'd love a gift set like this and I'm sure there are many others out there that would love these for gifts, too. As for how many - I'm a terrible judge of those kinds of things. 10? I don't know, but it's a great idea!

sarahw said...

LaToya, these are great. I think it is a wonderful idea to raise money. Maybe make 6 cards and charge $8.00 a box, or do 8 and charge $10.00, I don't know if you have ever been to the Papertry site (Nicole Heady's Capture the Moment) anyway she has clear boxes that you can get 12 for 10.00 (I think that is right) anyway they are super cute. Just a thought.

Beverly said...

Hi LaToya...
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments.. masucline cards are THE hardest for me.
I love your blog and these boxed notecards are super sweet! And, since you are asking...
1. I would use the clear envies. This is for charity and I think you will sell more.
2. I don't know where you are located, but I sell my cards for $3.50/ea (regular card w/envie) or 3 for $9. Folks don't even blink, esp when WalMart cards (which aren't even on the same level) cost $3.00. I think you said these are just one sided notecards, so you would need to adjust the price. I think you could easily package 8 of them in one clear envie and sell for $15.00 - reminding people that this is for charity.
Fabulous idea.. I am sure you will be quite successful! Best of luck!

Unknown said...

i hope you sell a lot of these to reach your walk goal!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Hey LaToya - this is a great idea to raise money for your walk and I'm sure you will do well if you sell them. I made some monogram notes cards (I didn't have the box though) for someone who gave them as Christmas gifts and sold them to her for $15.00 for 10 note cards. I have never seen a box made from an acrylic photo frame but would like to learn where you find them if you do. Let us know how it goes.